This website is not medical advice. Posts may contain affiliate links from which I earn commissions at no additional cost to you.
Dr. Steven Gundry Reveals Ultimate Breakfast Recipe Graphic © healthpowerboost.com. Background photo: Pixabay (PD)
You’ve probably heard that you should “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” The phrase by Adelle Davis—an American nutritionist in the 1960’s—helped popularize the idea that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  But is this really the case?
According to Dr. Steven Gundy, a renowned cardiologist and author, breakfast is not necessarily the most important meal of the day. He further argues that even when you decide to have breakfast, popular starchy foods like cornflakes are not an “ideal” breakfast meal like we’ve been led to believe.
Despite its crunchy and delectable profile, a bowl of cereal is typically laden with sugar or refined carbs—and is low in fiber or protein. The same goes for waffles, pancakes, most pastries, and juices. Such foods spike and drop your blood sugar rapidly—potentially causing lethargy, irritability, and hunger. 
So what should you eat for breakfast?
The general rule of thumb is to eat a balanced breakfast that is filling and high in protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. If you’re still confused about what a healthy, nourishing, and energizing breakfast looks like, Dr. Gundy has a recipe for you.
Dr. Gundry’s Lean Green Egg And Sausage Muffin Recipe
If you enjoy a hearty meal to kickstart your day, make it a nutritious one. And Dr. Gundry’s “Ultimate Breakfast Recipe” is a great place to start. The healthful meal is well-balanced with delectable ingredients to excite your tastebuds as much as they nourish your body.
Here’s a brief nutritional profile of the main ingredients to give you an idea of what a healthy, well-balanced breakfast should look like:
• Eggs: Eggs are a popular breakfast item—and rightfully so. They’re a powerhouse of nutrition! Eggs are a great source of proteins, antioxidants, minerals, and other important nutrients. Studies show that they may help reduce appetite and lower your calorie intake later in the day.  Plus, there are tons of different ways to enjoy your eggs—making them a versatile culinary delight.
• Spinach: Like most leafy greens, spinach is rich in insoluble fiber that plays a crucial role in digestion.  It also packs relatively high amounts of micronutrients such as calcium, carotenoids, folic acid, vitamin C, and vitamin K. 
• Turkey: Turkey meat is an excellent source of B vitamins, minerals, and other micronutrients that nourish your body. It also boasts of high-quality protein that promotes feelings of fullness and supports overall health. 
Interested in learning how to whip up Dr. Gundry’s lean green egg and sausage muffin meal? Read on for the full recipe.
• Chopped organic frozen spinach or chopped kale (1 10-ounce bag)
• Diestel Farms turkey Italian sausage or turkey chorizo (1 pound)
• Italian seasoning (2 tablespoons)
• Garlic, peeled (2 cloves) or garlic powder (1 teaspoon)
• Pasture raised or omega-3 eggs (5)
• First-pressed extra-virgin olive oil or perilla oil (2 tablespoons)
• Sea salt, preferably iodized (1⁄2 teaspoon)
• Cracked black pepper (1⁄2 teaspoon)
• Dried minced onion (2 tablespoons)
PS: For vegans, Dr. Gundry suggests substituting the omega-3 eggs with VeganEggs—and the sausage with Quorn Grounds (but you don’t need to fry them).
How to Prepare:
1. Start with the turkey Italian sausage. Cook it on a cast iron or non-Teflon pan under medium heat for up to 10 minutes. Stir continuously until browned.
2. Prepare muffin cups / tins by preferably lining them with paper liners. While you’re at it, heat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit (177° Celsius).
3. Now poke holes to let the air out from the bag of chopped spinach/kale and microwave it (on high) for around 3 minutes. Afterward, snip the edge and squeeze as much water from the greens as possible.
4. Toss all ingredients (except the sausage) into a blender and pulse the nutrient-rich mixture until well-blended.
5. Transfer the blended ingredients into a large bowl and stir in the cooked sausages.
6. Finally, fill the muffin tins with this mixture and bake for around 30 minutes. Remove from the oven when the top starts browning, and allow them to cool.
7. Enjoy your healthy, mouthwatering breakfast!
Ready To Whip Up A Healthy Breakfast?
Most typical breakfast items tend to fall short when it comes to fiber and protein—leaving you feeling hungry in no time. They are also loaded with sugars and refined carbs, which is not how you want to start your day.  Instead, choose nutritious and healthy options like Dr. Gundry’s “Ultimate Breakfast Recipe” to start your day on the right foot. Ok, here’s the video:
 Spence, C. (2017). Breakfast: The most important meal of the day? International journal of gastronomy and food science, 8, 1-6: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1878450X17300045#bib68
 Suh, S., & Kim, J. H. (2015). Glycemic variability: how do we measure it and why is it important? Diabetes & metabolism journal, 39(4), 273-282: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26301188/
 Vander Wal, J. S., Marth, J. M., Khosla, P., Jen, K. C., & Dhurandhar, N. V. (2005). Short-term effect of eggs on satiety in overweight and obese subjects. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 24(6), 510-515: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16373948/
 Ötles, S., & Ozgoz, S. (2014). Health effects of dietary fiber. Acta scientiarum polonorum Technologia alimentaria, 13(2), 191-202: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24876314/
 Tang, G. (2010). Spinach and carrots: vitamin A and health. In Bioactive foods in promoting health (pp. 381-392). Academic Press: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780123746283000256
 U.S. Department of Agriculture (FoodData Central): https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/746785/nutrients
Yard Plant Fires Up Ancestral Fat-Burning?
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique prepping system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.